Our 5-day summer schools are a well established highlight of the Finchcocks calendar. To ensure a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere, places are open to those who have attended at least one weekend Finchcocks course previously.
This 5-day piano retreat for advanced players offers pianists grade 8, diploma and beyond, the chance to fully emerse themselves in all that Finchcocks has to offer. The course aims to provide a luxury break away, the chance to practise on our 9 grand pianos without any distraction, challenge guests with new techniques and explore their own playing under the expert supervision of Graham Fitch.
Like our weekend courses, formal tuition takes place in workshops, performance classes and one-to-one lessons.
This year’s focuses will be:
- The 4 P’s: Play for Pleasure, Practise for Progress
- Deep learning techniques
- How to memorise
- How to keep repertoire pieces fresh
- Problem solving in the practice session
We’ll also have a bit of fun! In addition to a private recital in the hall of the main house or on our new open-air stage (weather permitting!), we’ll explore the private gardens at Finchcocks, experience a local wine tasting, be able to go for beautiful Kentish countryside walks to Scotney castle and enjoy a session or two in the family’s new heated swimming pool.
And of course, it goes without saying that you can expect the usual!
- Have the chance to play in and observe multiple performance masterclasses.
- Will receive one-to-one lessons with Graham.
- Enjoy access to play on our 9 grand pianos anytime between 7am and 8pm. (There are enough pianos to go round that everyone can play a piano at any given time.)
- Experience a private walk-through performance talk for course participants in the main hall of the family home, performed by Graham.
- Join and socialise with a group 8 fellow piano enthusiasts during lunch and dinner.
- Dine in style with lunches and three course dinners prepared by our fabulous chef.
- Experience the Finchcocks bubble, hailed as a “paradise for pianists” by BBC Music Magazine and stay in a grade 1 listed country manor.
Plus ones are very welcome on our courses, with a room surcharge dependant on whether they are a playing or non-playing guest. Please ask for further details.
This is a UK-based gem of a piano holiday and one that you won’t forget anytime soon! Many guests continue friendships made on these courses, encouraging each other on in the piano playing… and bumping into each other again on future courses!
For booking enquiries, please contact Jenny on 01580 428080 or fill in the form below.
5 day courses
from £1250 (inclusive of accommodation, tuition and all food and wine)