This weekend course is designed for pianists who are playing at or above grade 8 standard, working towards a diploma or beyond. It is also suitable for music graduates and piano teachers who would like a refresher boost of inspiration!
We are delighted to be welcoming back to Finchcocks Steinway Artist, Associate Professor-Lecturer of Music at the University of Utah and President of the World Piano Teachers Association USA, Dr Vedrana Subotic.
Dr. Vedrana Subotic teaches undergraduate and graduate students in the piano performance program at the University of Utah. Since joining the faculty at the school of music, she has taught undergraduate and graduate courses in career development, accompanying, chamber music, keyboard skills, piano pedagogy, and piano literature. Dr. Subotic’s piano students learn their craft by studying and understanding the artistry of both the old-world piano legends and the younger generations of globally inspired keyboard virtuosos.
Watch Vedrana in action below!
During the course of the weekend, Vedrana will include two interactive, practical workshops:
- Jump-starting the learning process
- Performing at your best
Guests will also:
- Have the chance to play in and observe two performance masterclasses.
- Will receive a one-to-one lesson with Vedrana.
- Enjoy access to play on our 9 grand pianos anytime between 7am and 8pm. (There are enough pianos to go round that everyone can play a piano at any given time.)
- Experience a walk-through talk recital just for course participants, in the main hall of the family home.
- Join and socialise with a group 8 fellow piano enthusiasts during lunch and dinner.
- Dine in style with lunches and three course dinners prepared by our fabulous chef.
- Experience the Finchcocks bubble, hailed as a “paradise for pianists” by BBC Music Magazine and stay in a grade 1 listed country manor.
Plus ones are very welcome on our courses, with a room surcharge dependant on whether they are a playing or non-playing guest. Please ask for further details.
In between formal sessions, there will be time for private practice on one of our beautiful grand pianos including our new Steinway. There are 9 available, so there is always one per guest to practise on! We encourage regular rotation so that guests can experience each piano’s different tone and response – again another important part of the process of preparing for a diploma, when you can’t bring your own instrument with you!
We have many return guests at Finchcocks. If you haven’t tried it and want a luxury weekend away, emersed in music, surrounded by grand pianos, and in the company of fellow piano enthusiasts, then look no further! Our small groups ensure that, even at advanced level, performance nerves soon evaporate so participants can get the most out the weekend as possible.
For booking enquiries, please contact Jenny on 01580 428080 or fill in the form below.