It has long been requested – a weekend dedicated to duets (and accompanying!). Aimed at Upper Intermediate – Advanced players, pianists can sign up for the course with an existing duet partner, or be paired with one after registering. Music will be sent in advance so that pieces are performance ready for the course!
Run by David Hall, FRCO MA Cantab, this weekend aims to explore duet performance and the art of accompanying a soloist.
In between the workshop and masterclass sessions there will be time for private practice on one of our beautiful grand pianos. During these sessions, David will give one-to-one lessons on our new Steinway to provide individual pointers and tips.
On the Saturday evening, David will perform some works for four hands with his duet partner on the family Bosendorfer of the house’s main hall. Pre-formed duos are very welcome to give an outing to a performance-ready duet – but there’s absolutely no pressure to! This is your chance to sit back and simply be inspired, glass of wine in hand by the fireside.
- Have the chance to play in and observe two performance masterclasses.
- Will receive a one-to-one lesson with David.
- Enjoy access to play on our 9 grand pianos anytime between 7am and 8pm. (There are enough pianos to go round that everyone can play a piano at any given time.)
- Experience a private accompanied talk for course participants in the main hall of the family home, performed by David.
- Join and socialise with a group 8 fellow piano enthusiasts during lunch and dinner.
- Dine in style with lunches and three course dinners prepared by our fabulous chef.
- Experience the Finchcocks bubble, hailed as a “paradise for pianists” by BBC Music Magazine and stay in a grade 1 listed country manor.
For booking enquiries, please contact us on 01580 428080 or fill in the form below.