International concert pianist, piano teacher, ABRSM examiner and well-loved Finchcocks tutor Florian Mitrea offers a wonderful weekend exploring healthy technique and performance. Guests will gain a deeper understanding of learning through studies, exercises, scales and arpeggios, as well as the art of performance within an exam/ judged setting.
This course is aimed at those playing at around grade 4-6.
The weekend will comprise of two interactive workshops and two performance classes, as well as a one-to-one lesson with Florian.
As usual, we suggest bringing a couple of pieces with you that are performance ready to work on privately and in a group setting. They don’t need to be perfect, just ready to polish up!
Workshop titles will include:
- Taking the grades – a healthy approach from an examiner’s point of view.
- Developing our technical ability – scales, arpeggios, exercises, etudes… can they ever be fun?
Florian will also offer the opportunity for one (willing!) guest to perform an open mock exam in front of the rest of the group – providing insight into how the exam works, what the examiner is looking for – and feedback on how to improve. Should no one feel up to it, the course host will step in.
Over the course of the weekend, guests will:
- Have the chance to play in and observe two performance masterclasses.
- Will receive a one-to-one lesson with Florian.
- Enjoy access to play on our 9 grand pianos anytime between 7am and 8pm. (There are enough pianos to go round that everyone can play a piano at any given time.)
- Experience a private salon-style concert for course participants in the main hall of the family home, performed by Florian.
- Join and socialise with a group 8 fellow piano enthusiasts during lunch and dinner.
- Dine in style with lunches and three course dinners prepared by our fabulous chef.
- Experience the Finchcocks bubble, hailed as a “paradise for pianists” by BBC Music Magazine and stay in a grade 1 listed country manor.
For booking enquiries, please contact us on 01580 428080 or fill in the form below.