Fancy a UK based, luxury weekend away in a grade 1 listed country manor, surrounded by grand pianos?
Our piano retreat is designed for anyone who just wants a weekend away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. It would suit those who want a bit of time away to practise, or to fall in love with playing the piano again. It would also be an ideal escape from the gloom and chill of November!
There are no formal group sessions, no performances and no stress! The weekend is open to pianists of all levels.
We’re really looking forward to welcoming back internationally renowned piano teacher, performance coach, presenter and writer Charlotte Tomlinson as this retreat’s tutor.
Charlotte has been teaching the piano for over thirty years and teaches from her studio in Oxford, where she has a thriving private practice. She taught at the Purcell School for eleven years, the University of Hong Kong and HK Academy for Performing Arts and now primarily teaches students from the University of Oxford, post-graduates from the London music colleges along with international piano students who come to Oxford to study with her.
Her warmth and extensive wisdom in all things piano and performance are instantly benefitted from in group and one-to-one sessions.
…the most valuable technical input I have ever had – even after all my years at the Royal College!
— Rob H, professional pianist, graduate of Royal College of Music
On the Saturday night, guests will enjoy a private recital for retreat guests, which is an opportunity to relax and be inspired with a glass of wine in the magical setting of the main hall of Finchcocks.
We have one grand piano available for every guest in our vaulted cellars, including our new Steinway. Piano conversation will flow freely over coffee and home made biscuits and cakes in between bouts of practice!
The piano retreat is arranged around food. There’s no strict timetable or deadlines. Guests are free to play anytime they like between 7am and 8pm, rest when they need – or explore the beautiful Kentish countryside.
During the course of their stay guests will:
- Enjoy access to play on our 9 grand pianos anytime between 7am and 8pm. (There are enough pianos to go round that everyone can play a piano at any given time.)
- Be able to book in two one-to-one half hour lessons with our tutor.
- Experience a private recital for retreat guests in the main hall of the family home, performed by our tutor.
- Join and socialise with a group 8 fellow piano enthusiasts during lunch and dinner.
- Dine in style with lunches and three course dinners prepared by our fabulous chef.
- Experience the Finchcocks bubble, hailed as a “paradise for pianists” by BBC Music Magazine and stay in a grade 1 listed country manor.
- Be able to explore the Kentish countryside and local attractions should they wish a trip out.
Plus ones are very welcome on our courses, with a room surcharge dependant on whether they are a playing or non-playing guest. Please ask for further details.
This promises to be one of most relaxed and enjoyable weekend courses. If it sounds of interest, please drop Jenny a line using the form below, or give her a ring on 01580 428080.