Fancy a UK based, luxury weekend away in a grade 1 listed country manor, surrounded by grand pianos?
Join us for our extended, 3-day piano retreat! Our piano retreat is designed for anyone who just wants to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life. It would suit those who want a bit of time away to practise, or to fall in love with playing the piano again.
There are no formal group sessions, no performances and no stress! The retreat is open to pianists of all levels.
We’re incredibly lucky to have secured the services of Florian Mitrea for this retreat. A very popular member of the Finchcocks team and a phenomenal international concert pianist, guests always leave truly inspired from their stay on one Florian’s courses.
Florian will be on hand for three optional half hour one-to-one lessons during your stay. Each day will also begin with an optional group session on warm ups, practice tips and a Q&A. You may however plan to structure your stay differently (with a long lie-in and breakfast in bed!).
On the Saturday night, Florian will perform a private recital for retreat guests, which is an opportunity to relax and be inspired with a glass of wine in the magical setting of the main hall of Finchcocks.
We have one grand piano available for every guest in our vaulted cellars, including our new Steinway. Piano conversation will flow freely over coffee and home made biscuits and cakes in between bouts of practice!
The piano retreat is arranged around food. There’s no strict timetable or deadlines. Guests are free to play anytime they like between 7am and 8pm, rest when they need – or explore the beautiful Kentish countryside.
During the course of their stay guests will:
- Enjoy access to play on our 9 grand pianos anytime between 7am and 8pm. (There are enough pianos to go round that everyone can play a piano at any given time.)
- Be able to book in three one-to-one half hour lessons with our tutor.
- Experience a private recital for retreat guests in the main hall of the family home, performed by our tutor.
- Join and socialise with a group 8 fellow piano enthusiasts during lunch and dinner.
- Dine in style with lunches and three course dinners prepared by our fabulous chef.
- Experience the Finchcocks bubble, hailed as a “paradise for pianists” by BBC Music Magazine and stay in a grade 1 listed country manor.
- Be able to explore the Kentish countryside and local attractions should they wish a trip out.
Plus ones are very welcome on our courses, with a room surcharge dependant on whether they are a playing or non-playing guest. Please ask for further details.
Starting at 10am on the Friday, this promises to be one of most relaxed and enjoyable retreats so far. If it sounds of interest, please drop Jenny a line using the form below, or give her a ring on 01580 428080.