- Technique & practice: Solving problems in Beethoven’s music
- Style and interpretation: Bringing Beethoven’s music to life
- Problem solving: Technique, style and practice-related questions
In the evening on Saturday, Graham will be joined by baritone Brian White for a performance of the song cycle, An die ferne Geliebte followed by two works for solo piano, the Sonata in E minor, op. 90 and the Bagatelles, op. 33.
There can be few people in the world more qualified to talk to us about practice techniques than Graham. Author of his blog www.practisingthepiano.com and his own online piano academy, Graham’s ideas for healthy piano technique and practice tips attract followers from across the world. He will also offer a broader workshops on healthy piano and practice technique to compliment the programme.
Guests will also:
- Have the chance to play in and observe two performance masterclasses.
- Will receive a one-to-one lesson with Graham.
- Enjoy access to play on our 9 grand pianos anytime between 7am and 8pm. (There are enough pianos to go round that everyone can play a piano at any given time.)
- Experience a private walk-through performance talk for course participants in the main hall of the family home, performed by Graham.
- Join and socialise with a group 8 fellow piano enthusiasts during lunch and dinner.
- Dine in style with lunches and three course dinners prepared by our fabulous chef.
- Experience the Finchcocks bubble, hailed as a “paradise for pianists” by BBC Music Magazine and stay in a grade 1 listed country manor.
Plus-ones are very welcome on our courses, with a room surcharge dependant on whether they are a playing or non-playing guest. Please ask for further details.
The course is intended for Advanced players beyond grade 8 who are keen to bring their favourite works by Beethoven to life. It might well be that there’s a piece that you’ve been struggling with for years that you would desperately like to perfect, or equally there might be something you’ve always wanted to play, but haven’t yet had the chance to really work on.
For booking enquiries, please contact us on 01580 428080 or fill in the form below.
from £825 (inclusive of accommodation, tuition and all food and wine)