This weekend course is designed for pianists who are playing at or above grade 8 standard, working towards a diploma or beyond. It is also suitable for music graduates and piano teachers who would like a refresher boost of inspiration!
Run by the ever popular Graham Fitch, these courses sell out quickly. As well as writing for the Pianist Magazine, Graham has his own extremely successful blog and YouTube channel. His online academy for pianists and piano teachers is going from strength to strength, ever supporting his reputation as a pianist, teacher, and writer on piano playing. His teaching method is considered, thorough and very encouraging.
During the course of the weekend, Graham will include two interactive, practical workshops:
- Problem solving in the practice session
- Developing our musicianly skills: Transposition, harmony, form & structure
Guests will also:
- Have the chance to play in and observe two performance masterclasses.
- Will receive a one-to-one lesson with Graham.
- Enjoy access to play on our 9 grand pianos anytime between 7am and 8pm. (There are enough pianos to go round that everyone can play a piano at any given time.)
- Experience a walk-through talk recital just for course participants, in the main hall of the family home.
- Join and socialise with a group 8 fellow piano enthusiasts during lunch and dinner.
- Dine in style with lunches and three course dinners prepared by our fabulous chef.
- Experience the Finchcocks bubble, hailed as a “paradise for pianists” by BBC Music Magazine and stay in a grade 1 listed country manor.
Plus ones are very welcome on our courses, with a room surcharge dependant on whether they are a playing or non-playing guest. Please ask for further details.
In between formal sessions, there will be time for private practice on one of our beautiful grand pianos including our new Steinway. There are 9 available, so there is always one per guest to practise on! We encourage regular rotation so that guests can experience each piano’s different tone and response – again another important part of the process of preparing for a diploma, when you can’t bring your own instrument with you!
We have many return guests at Finchcocks. If you haven’t tried it and want a luxury weekend away, emersed in music, surrounded by grand pianos, and in the company of fellow piano enthusiasts, then look no further! Our small groups ensure that, even at advanced level, performance nerves soon evaporate so participants can get the most out the weekend as possible.
For booking enquiries, please contact Jenny on 01580 428080 or fill in the form below.