Many players ascribe problems they are having in their playing to faulty technique, when how they are practising might be the root cause. Since how we practise is actually a part of technique, it is helpful to have concrete strategies for learning notes, solving problems, finessing our playing and preparing for performance. In this 3-day course, creator of Practising the Piano, Graham Fitch will demonstrate his Practice Tools. There will be plenty of opportunities to try these ideas out in private practice sessions as well as in workshops during your stay.
On this extended weekend course designed for Upper Intermediate – Diploma+ players, Graham will break down and present his finely tuned approach to practice into the following interactive workshops:
- 1. The Practice Tools: The Three S’s (Slowly, Separately, Sections).
- 2. The Floating Fermata: How to Use Controlled Stops
- 3. The Practice Toys: A mixed bag of ideas for your practice toybox
Guests will also:
- Have the chance to play in and observe two performance masterclasses.
- Will receive a one-to-one lesson with Graham.
- Enjoy access to play on our 9 grand pianos anytime between 7am and 8pm. (There are enough pianos to go round that everyone can play a piano at any given time.)
- Experience a private accompanied talk for course participants in the main hall of the family home, performed by Graham.
- Join and socialise with a group 8 fellow piano enthusiasts during lunch and dinner.
- Dine in style with lunches and three course dinners prepared by our fabulous chef.
- Experience the Finchcocks bubble, hailed as a “paradise for pianists” by BBC Music Magazine and stay in a grade 1 listed country manor.
So if any of these apply to you, book on without delay!
“I wish I had more time to practise.”
“I did practise but you wouldn’t know it. It never translates to my performance!”
“I’ve fallen off the Practice Wagon.”
“I’m stuck in a practice rut.”
For booking enquiries, please contact us on 01580 428080 or fill in the form below.