Preparing for a diploma can feel like a large mountain to climb, and a lonely one as a pianist!
Many of our advanced pianist guests are keen amateurs setting themselves a performance goal of a diploma to work towards. This weekend course is dedicated especially to those needing some extra tools to help them along the way, gain deeper understanding of the preparation process, insights into their repertoire at whichever stage of performance it is currently in, strategies for managing the performance on the day… and some much needed performance experience!
The weekend course is being run by the fantastic Graham Fitch who has seen many, many of his own pupils through the qualification and run his own diploma preparation days from own his private practice.
We will aim to provide as much performance opportunity as possible, including an informal peer-to-peer guest performance and the chance to book in a slot to play a piece in the Saturday evening recital on main hall Bosendorfer.
Workshop titles will include:
- Strategies for the run-up to a performance
- Keeping focussed and relaxed in your exam
Guests will also:
- Have the chance to play in and observe two performance masterclasses.
- Will receive a one-to-one lesson with Graham.
- Enjoy access to play on our 9 grand pianos anytime between 7am and 8pm. (There are enough pianos to go round that everyone can play a piano at any given time.)
- Experience a private recital by and for course participants in the main hall of the family home.
- Join and socialise with a group 8 fellow piano enthusiasts during lunch and dinner.
- Dine in style with lunches and three course dinners prepared by our fabulous chef.
- Experience the Finchcocks bubble, hailed as a “paradise for pianists” by BBC Music Magazine and stay in a grade 1 listed country manor.
Plus ones are very welcome on our courses, with a room surcharge dependant on whether they are a playing or non-playing guest. Please ask for further details.
In between formal sessions, there will be time for private practice on one of our beautiful grand pianos including our new Steinway. There are 9 available, so there is always one per guest to practise on! We encourage regular rotation so that guests can experience each piano’s different tone and response – again another important part of the process of preparing for a diploma, when you can’t bring your own instrument with you!
Being scheduled at the start of the year, well before exam season, this is an ideal time to re-focus and get some external inspiration to help you gain the most out of your diploma experience in an encouraging, nurturing atmosphere.
For booking enquiries, please contact Jenny on 01580 428080 or fill in the form below.
from £620 (inclusive of accommodation, tuition and all food and wine)