In this weekend course, pianists will have the opportunity to receive expert guidance on their current repertoire, both from a technical and an artistic point of view. Penelope is the UK’s foremost specialist in healthy piano playing, and she will share with the group how to put many of the ideas from her comprehensive “piano bible” The Complete Pianist into practice. The weekend promises to be musically intensive as well as friendly and supportive.
This course is designed for people who have reached a grade 8+ standard.
Each day typically starts with a workshop on the Finchcocks Steinway in the recital room. In the afternoons, there is time for private practice on one of our beautiful acoustic grand pianos whilst Penelope gives one-to-one tuition to guests.
This weekend’s morning workshops will include:
- Healthy technique clinic: Problem solving in your repertoire
- Natural artistry workshop: Interpreting your repertoire
Both provide guests with the perfect opportunity to bring pieces they are working onfor expert guidance.
Weather permitting, Penelope will also lead a gentle physical warm up session outside, showing pianists how to best prepare the mind and body before practice and playing. Comfortable clothing and footwear is recommended for this.
Guests will also:
- Have the chance to play in and observe two performance masterclasses.
- Will receive a one-to-one lesson with Penelope.
- Enjoy access to play on our 9 grand pianos anytime between 7am and 8pm. (There are enough pianos to go round that everyone can play a piano at any given time.)
- Experience a private salon concert for course participants in the main hall of the family home.
- Join and socialise with a group 8 fellow piano enthusiasts during lunch and dinner.
- Dine in style with lunches and three course dinners prepared by our fabulous chef.
- Experience the Finchcocks bubble, hailed as a “paradise for pianists” by BBC Music Magazine and stay in a grade 1 listed country manor.
For booking enquiries, please contact us on 01580 428080 or fill in the form below.