Our Lower Intermediate weekends are some of the first to sell out here at Finchcocks. Ideal for rusty piano returners or those who have discovered a new passion as an adult, the weekend is perfect for established beginners – grade 2 – through to about grade 4.
Some adults aren’t keen on exams and may not know their exact playing level. If in doubt, ask your teacher or check out this blog we wrote to help you!
With small group sizes, we strive to create an inclusive and encouraging atmosphere. Our aim is for you to leave inspired, improved and with a confidence boost!
Both days begin with an interactive workshop, setting participants up for the day with particular focus.
Course workshop titles for this weekend will include:
- Top tips for effective practice
- Unlocking the mysteries of the cycle 5ths
Included in their repertoire, we encourage guests to come with a couple of pieces that are ready to be performed but are in need of a little polish. Afternoons usually involve a performance class for guests to play to each other – and learn from each others “open lessons”. Performing in our performance classes is not obligatory, but we do tend to find those who put themselves forward to play are over the moon after going for it!
Guests will also:
- Have the chance to play in and observe two performance masterclasses.
- Will receive a one-to-one lesson with David.
- Enjoy access to play on our 9 grand pianos anytime between 7am and 8pm. (There are enough pianos to go round that everyone can play a piano at any given time.)
- Experience a private salon-style concert for course participants in the main hall of the family home, performed by David.
- Join and socialise with a group 8 fellow piano enthusiasts during lunch and dinner.
- Dine in style with lunches and three course dinners prepared by our fabulous chef.
- Experience the Finchcocks bubble, hailed as a “paradise for pianists” by BBC Music Magazine and stay in a grade 1 listed country manor.
For booking enquiries, please contact us on 01580 428080 or fill in the form below.