It’s not often we are able to schedule a weekend for Intermediate players with internationally renowned pianist, piano teacher and practice guru Graham Fitch. But we were determined to do so for 2023!
Aimed at grades 4-6, the weekend course offers an insight into efficient and effective ways to practise a piece and achieve long-lasting, reliable results.
The weekend will comprise of two interactive workshops and two performance classes, as well as a one-to-one lesson with Graham.
As usual, we suggest bringing a couple of pieces with you that are performance ready to work on privately and in a group setting. They don’t need to be perfect – just ready to polish up!
Workshop titles will include:
- The 4 P’s – Play for Pleasure, Practise for Progress
- Workshop: How to learn a new piece
See Graham in action below…
In between the workshop and masterclass sessions there will be time for private practice on one of our beautiful grand pianos. During these sessions, Graham will give one-to-one lessons on our new Steinway to provide individual pointers and tips.
On the Saturday evening, Graham will whet your appetite for exploring new pieces, by performing a selection of accessible repertoire you might not have heard of. You might even be tempted to try techniques from Sunday’s workshop on one that takes your fancy!
Over the course of the weekend, guests will:
- Have the chance to play in and observe two performance masterclasses.
- Will receive a one-to-one lesson with Graham.
- Enjoy access to play on our 9 grand pianos anytime between 7am and 8pm. (There are enough pianos to go round that everyone can play a piano at any given time.)
- Experience a private recital of inspiring intermediate pieces in the main hall of the family home, performed by Graham.
- Join and socialise with a group 8 fellow piano enthusiasts during lunch and dinner.
- Dine in style with lunches and three course dinners prepared by our fabulous chef.
- Experience the Finchcocks bubble, hailed as a “paradise for pianists” by BBC Music Magazine and stay in a grade 1 listed country manor.
For booking enquiries, please contact us on 01580 428080 or fill in the form below.