Fancy a UK based, luxury weekend away in a grade 1 listed country manor, surrounded by 9 grand pianos?
Our piano retreat is designed for anyone who just wants a weekend away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. It would suit those who want a bit of time away to practise, or to fall in love with playing the piano again.
There are no group sessions, no performances and no stress! The weekend is open to pianists of all levels.
The piano retreat is arranged around food. There’s no strict timetable or deadlines. Guests are free to play anytime they like between 7am and 8pm, rest when they need or explore the beautiful Kentish countryside.
During the course of their stay guests will:
- Enjoy access to play on our 9 grand pianos anytime between 7am and 8pm. (There are enough pianos to go round that everyone can play a piano at any given time.)
- Be able to book in two one-to-one half hour lessons with our tutor.
- Experience a private recital for retreat guests in the main hall of the family home, performed by our tutor.
- Join and socialise with a group 8 fellow piano enthusiasts during lunch and dinner.
- Dine in style with lunches and three course dinners prepared by our fabulous chef.
- Experience the Finchcocks bubble, hailed as a “paradise for pianists” by BBC Music Magazine and stay in a grade 1 listed country manor.
- Be able to explore the Kentish countryside and local attractions should they wish a trip out.
Plus ones are very welcome on our courses, with a room surcharge dependant on whether they are a playing or non-playing guest. Please ask for further details.
We’re thrilled to have secured the services of Florian Mitrea for this retreat. The newest member of the Finchcocks team, he has settled in quickly – offering students endless energy, positivity, encouragement and extensive knowledge on the topic of the day. A multi-award winning international concert pianist, his playing is truly something to behold.
Florian will be on hand for two optional half hour one-to-one lessons over the course of the weekend. Both Saturday and Sunday will also begin with an optional group session on warm ups, practice tips and a Q&A. You may however plan to structure your weekend differently (with a long lie-in with breakfast in bed!).
On Saturday night, Florian will perform a recital for retreat guests, which is an opportunity to relax and be inspired with a glass of wine in the magical setting of the main hall of Finchcocks.
We have one grand piano available for every guest in our vaulted cellars, including our new Steinway. Piano conversation will flow freely over coffee and home made biscuits and cakes in between bouts of practice!
This promises to be one of most relaxed and enjoyable weekend courses. If it sounds of interest, please drop Jenny a line using the form below, or give her a ring on 01580 428080.
from £620 (inclusive of accommodation, tuition and all food and wine)