Our Upper Intermediate weekend course is designed for pianists grades 5-8. Whether you’re a confident grade 5 level player, or a grade 8 player in need of a confidence boost when it comes to performing, this is the one for you!
Tutor for the weekend is the wonderful Graham Fitch. Graham is interested in helping amateur pianists develop their playing. His teaching style is structured but encouraging… and peppered with useful hints and tips to bring his student’s playing, technique and confidence up a notch! Graham is a principal tutor on The Piano Teachers’ Course UK, gives regular workshops and classes across the UK and overseas. His online academy www.practisingthepiano.com goes from strength to strength, bringing many pianists to Finchcocks to experience him “in person”.
The weekend learning begins in earnest first thing on Saturday and is packed with two workshops, two performance classes, a one-to-one session and free practice time.
Weekend workshop titles will include:
- Making the best use of our practice time
- How to learn a new piece
Please bring a piece or two with you that you would like to work on in greater detail. It doesn’t need to be perfect, but under the fingers well enough to get the most out of Graham’s input!
In the evening on Saturday, Graham will present a walkthrough of a piece, illuminating its important and interesting features, demonstrating along the way. Guests can sit back and a relax after a day’s concentrating, soaking up the atmosphere in front of the fire in the main hall of Finchcocks with a glass of wine.
There can be few people in the world more qualified to talk to us about practice techniques than Graham. Author of his blog www.practisingthepiano.com and his own online piano academy, Graham’s ideas for healthy piano technique and practice tips attract followers from across the world.
Guests will also:
- Have the chance to play in and observe two performance masterclasses.
- Will receive a one-to-one lesson with Graham.
- Enjoy access to play on our 9 grand pianos anytime between 7am and 8pm. (There are enough pianos to go round that everyone can play a piano at any given time.)
- Join and socialise with a group 8 fellow piano enthusiasts during lunch and dinner.
- Dine in style with lunches and three course dinners prepared by our fabulous chef.
- Experience the Finchcocks bubble, hailed as a “paradise for pianists” by BBC Music Magazine and stay in a grade 1 listed country manor.
Plus ones are very welcome on our courses, with a room surcharge dependant on whether they are a playing or non-playing guest. Please ask for further details.
Finchcocks is quite magical at Christmas time. A weekend course just as the frenzy of festive activities gets in full swing is an ideal Christmas present to yourself – or a loved one!
For booking enquiries, please contact us on 01580 428080 or fill in the form below.
from £620 (inclusive of accommodation, tuition and all food and wine)