Our Upper Intermediate – Advanced weekend course is designed for pianists grades 6-8+. Whether you’re a grade 8 player in need of a confidence boost, a former advanced player who has gotten a little rusty, or an accomplished upper intermediate player looking for a challenge, this is the one for you!
Tutor for the weekend is the fantastically talented and inspiring Florian Mitrea. The newest member of the Finchcocks team, he has settled in quickly – offering students endless energy, positivity, encouragement and extensive knowledge on the topic of the day. A multi-award winning international concert pianist, his playing is truly something to behold.
The weekend learning begins in earnest first thing on Saturday and is packed with two workshops, two performance classes, a one-to-one session and free practice time.
Weekend workshop titles will include:
- Learning to learn
- The composer’s intentions: do we have a duty to serve them?
Please bring a piece or two with you that you would like to work on in greater detail. It doesn’t need to be perfect, but under the fingers well enough to get the most out of Florian’s input!
Guests will also:
- Have the chance to play in and observe two performance masterclasses.
- Will receive a one-to-one lesson with Florian.
- Enjoy access to play on our 9 grand pianos anytime between 7am and 8pm. (There are enough pianos to go round that everyone can play a piano at any given time.)
- Join and socialise with a group 8 fellow piano enthusiasts during lunch and dinner.
- Dine in style with lunches and three course dinners prepared by our fabulous chef.
- Experience the Finchcocks bubble, hailed as a “paradise for pianists” by BBC Music Magazine and stay in a grade 1 listed country manor.
Plus ones are very welcome on our courses, with a room surcharge dependant on whether they are a playing or non-playing guest. Please ask for further details.
If you’re looking for a luxury piano course for adults, with top notch tuition and that focuses on creating an encouraging and nurturing atmosphere, then look no further! Come and be inspired. For booking enquiries, please contact us on 01580 428080 or fill in the form below.
from £620 (inclusive of accommodation, tuition and all food and wine)