The day has finally arrived! Our 2023 courses are now live.
Next year sees a return of ever-popular courses and well-loved tutors, as well as some new exciting programmes to keep things fresh!
Here’s a glimpse of what guests can enjoy next year:
- Piano retreats (with no pressure to perform, only play!) in January and November.
- Courses by ability from intermediate through to advanced with Florian Mitrea.
- Themed courses on the topics of composition, jazz & blues, duets & accompanying with David Hall, Chopin – and exploring the romantics – with Warren Mailley-Smith, as well as diploma preparation & performance – and Beethoven – with Graham Fitch.
- Guest visits by highly esteemed pianists and pedagogues at the top of their field; including early Baroque with Steven Devine, the Mendelssohns with Daniel Grimwood, Black Renaissance Music with Beatrice Nicholas, Penelope Roskell From healthy technique to natural artistry, Dr Vedrana Subotic on performing across the 4 musical eras, Charlotte Tomlinson and William Westney’s the Perfect wrong note.
- Five extended 5-day courses in March, June, mid July, late July and October.
If you haven’t been before and are not sure what to expect, Finchcocks provides an unique retreat for pianists.
Offering luxury, residential piano courses for lower intermediate players through to professionals, grade-1 listed Finchcocks sets itself apart with its beautiful location, world-class tuition, top notch food from our on-site chef, and an inclusive, encouraging and welcoming atmosphere. Each guest enjoys their own grand piano to practise on and plenty of time to dedicate to their passion – with like-minded enthusiasts!
Courses do tend to book up quickly (no sales pitch!), so if you’re considering a visit we do recommend you get in there sooner rather than later.
Jenny our Programme Director will be taking enquiries and bookings on a first-come-first-served basis. If you could please express your interest by email rather than phone, she would be very grateful indeed. She will respond as fast as she can type! Thank you in advance for your patience.
She looks forward to saying “hello”!
We look forward to welcoming you next year!